Are you pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A Few Thoughts on my Pending Graduation

That's right folks, in just a few short days I will be walking across a stage wearing a very unflattering gown and ridiculous square hat that is sure to ruin my perfectly coiffed hair while fighting a losing battle against a tassel which is surely only there to make all of these supposedly well-educated adults look like ignorant kittens as we playfully (or angrily) bat it out of our faces. And as this moment approaches, I must tackle many very important questions that face all college graduates:

1. Will I ever find a job?
2. How will I make enough money to eat?
3. Will I have to live in a portable ice shanty on Wisconsin Avenue?
4. If I can afford two portable ice shanties, set them up side-by-side and rent the other one out to another recent college graduate can I call it a duplex?
5. If I can call it a duplex, does that make me a landlord and mean that I have to draw up some sort of lease for my next door shanty neighbor?
6. If this does make me a landlord will Jenny and Mike show me all of the necessary tricks to being the greatest shanty manager/landlord that I can be?

Yes folks. These are all questions that recent college graduates must face. But while it's slightly frightening to be thrown out into the world on my own, it's time. While I'm not going to pretend like I am suddenly going to turn into some very serious adult who only worries about deadlines and the financial bottom line, I will say that it is high time for me to go out into the world and see what I can do. So to all of you who read this, I thank you for keeping me sane through these crazy college years. Lord knows without my friends I would constantly be in my over-stressed, somewhat unpleasant state that, thanks to all of you, only comes out every once in a while. Ending college is a bittersweet time, but it's time for me to grow up. Besides, we all know that I'll more than likely be back in school someday once I figure out what the hell to do with these three seemingly unrelated areas of study. And when that time comes about again, I hope all of you will still be around to make sure I maintain my sanity.

3 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

Congrats on the update, and early congratulations on you graduation!

P.S. I quite like the robes. They're actually flattering on me.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

I demand more things to pick up? Or have you been puttin' them down some place of which I am unaware? Am I not recognizing your items needing to be picked up? Am I blithely sauntering by them?

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

Pepcis OC's fumodadine has to travel through your bloodstream!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home