Are you pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?

Monday, October 16, 2006

I heard a funny phrase today



As the title indicates, I heard a funny phrase today. I was walking past these two men on my way home from class when I heard one man say to the other "Hey man, why you gotta be drinkin' on that haterade?" (rhymes with gatorade, for all of those not fluent in ebonics). It was one of the very few things that brought a smile to my face as I have had a particularly bad day. Please feel free to use this phrase as necessary when your triflin' friends are hatin'.

6 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Aww, that's cute. I like it.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

"cuttin' up" - to flip out, go off, cuss someone out

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Mike said...

hey Condi, why you gotta be the Secretary of Hate?

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

Mike- that's awesome!

Courntey, I love the new phrase.Use it as often as possible.

I personally like Nelly's ( I think it was him), " You ain't from Russia, so bitch why you rushin'"

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

Are you feelin' what I put in you?

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Thanks Courtney! I think it will be quite a few years and many more auditions before I'm in a position to give anyone free tickets to anyone, but I'll be sure to keep you in mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home